Bahadurgarh: 4 workers from Uttar Pradesh died of suffocation while cleaning a sewage tank in Haryana. The incident, which took place on Wednesday, has caused a stir.
This shocking incident has taken place in Haryana at a time when India’s 75th year of independence celebrations are winding down. The misery of manual scavenging the lives of laborers who clean the sewage tank with their bare hands without proper protective gear continues.
They died after inhaling toxic fumes from a sewage tank while working at an industrial plant in Bahadurgarh, Haryana. It is reported that apart from the deceased, two more workers who were involved in this work are undergoing treatment at the hospital.
First, only one person goes into the tank to clean it. 5 more people got into the tank to rescue him after inhaling poison gas. They are also constantly mesmerized. They were later rescued by a crane and taken to the hospital. Four people have already been confirmed dead there.
Workers reportedly inhaled carbon monoxide and methane gas. A doctor said that these two gases damage the red blood cells.