VaccineAlarm is a simple python script that allows user to get notified when their desired vaccine doses are available at vaccine centers near them. Users can use the
config.ini file to set the desired configurations for the type of vaccine and the pin-codes of centers near them.
You can install dependencies using pip and
requirements.txt or you can install the requirements manually.
pip install -r requirements.txt
Running the script
To run the script, simply run the script.
You can use the
config.ini to configure the alarm to get notified for your desired doses. Let’s see what each config param does:
- This is the list of pin-codes which will be checked for finding vaccine centers
pinCodes: ["400067", "400064", "400092", "400101"]
- This is the type of dose “Free” or “Paid”
- This is the minimum amount of dose 2 vaccines available at a given center to be notified.
- Keep 0 if dose 2 is not required.
- This is the minimum amount of dose 1 vaccines available at a given center to be notified.
- Keep 0 if dose 1 is not required.
- This is the audio file that needs to be played as an alarm.
assets/loud-alarm.oggis being played by default
- Pygame is used to play the music, and it only supports ogg and wav audio files.
- This is the amount of time in seconds, we need to wait to check next centers while playing the alarm.
- This is the api url that gets the vaccine data.
- This will not be changed generally
- This is the amount of time in seconds that we need to wait before getting vaccine again.