Hey Product Hunt 👋
I wanted to share with you 3dicons that I have been working on late nights for the past few months. 3dicons is a set of beautifully crafted open-source 3D icons created in Blender and made available to the public for free. It has been released under a Creative Commons CC0 license, and hence it is free to use for personal and commercial projects, as well as copying, editing, remixing, sharing, and redrawing. I hope this resource will make it easier for designers and content creators to produce beautiful and effective designs in less time.
I created most of these icons for the sole purpose of learning how to model. I believe that the best way to learn is by doing. In the process of my learning, I noticed that these icons had grown to almost 30. Thus, I decided to share them with the community with more icons.
Open source is very popular among the community. I would like to contribute as well. By sharing source files with the community, we can improve the quality of our designs and also help new designers learn how things are made. As I am writing a detailed case study, you can have a look to about page: https://3dicons.co/about
🎁 What included?
– 1440+ Rendered PNG files that contain –
– 120+ icons
– 4 colors style (including clay white)
– 3 camera angles
– 2400 x 2400 px image
– .blend file (setup to customise as per need in Blender)
– .fbx file (if want to import to 3D software like – C4D)
– 3dicons Figma File(Compressed PNG)
– 3dicons mockups Figma File (Web, Post, App example)
🛠 Coming Soon:
– Figma, Sketch, XD plugins
– Dev package
– More icons
– Explorer for single download
– Scene builder or online editor
I believe that 3dicons will be great resource for the community.
If you find this useful, I’d love to hear what you think. 💙
– vijay verma