While working with developers, I realized there was no simple tool for getting placeholder illustrations. Existing libraries were time-consuming, and most just focused on photos.
This is why we created Doodle Ipsum, a free tool for developers to quickly find illustration placeholders. You can now pick from different curated art styles, set your dimensions, apply some effects, and get an image URL for your project. You can also use multiple URLs in other sections.
Here’s how it works:
– Choose from 🔶 Flat, ✏️ Hand drawn, 🗯️ Outline, 🌀 Abstract or random styles
– Select your background-color
– Pick your desired dimensions (1:1, 16:9, 9:16, 4:3, 3:4, or custom)
– Apply some effects like Grayscale and Blur if you wanna get fancy
– Then just copy your image URL or the embed code
– And paste it into your site’s code!
It’s pretty simple. You can use these on your mockups, your landing pages, your web app, empty states, whatever.
P.S. We’re using the Blush API to build Doodle Ipsum! Soon this API will be open to the public. You’ll be able to easily integrate illustrations into your app, site, or project. Sign up for our API waitlist here.
P.P.S. If you find this tool useful, tell your dev friends 💙
Let’s doodle away!
– Pablo Stanley