Last Updated : 25 Nov, 2022 04:17 PM
‘Do you need a loan?’, ‘Credit card approved’, ‘Do you need financial assistance?’ We call the work of harassing over the phone as telemarketing. These are known as spam calls. Most of us face these spam calls in our daily life. If it is considered an important call, these unwanted telemarketers will only talk about directions. With True Caller app we now easily identify some unwanted spam calls. But let’s see how to block it permanently.
Sometimes scams are also done through these spam calls. All these calls can be blocked at once. This is facilitated by the National Customer Preference Register (NCPR) of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI). With this you can block telemarketing communication calls under certain categories.
How to block spam calls?
- For the number 1909 ‘START DND’ Type and send the message.
- Users will get options to block spam calls in category, mode, time band, days etc. from the concerned telecom service provider.
- In it users can choose the section they don’t like and block spam calls.
- It is said that it will be activated within 24 hours of confirmation by SMS on the part of the users.
- By doing this, the SMS services available on the bank and online portal side will not be blocked. Similarly, it seems that marketing calls from private numbers will not be blocked.
- Apart from this, Jio, Airtel and Vodafone Idea users can also activate the Do Not Disturb mode directly through their respective websites.
Don’t miss out!