- Advertisement -
The Election Commission of India is working on linking the Aadhaar number with the voter ID card. In this case, let’s see how to do it through a mobile phone in an easy way.
The Election Commission of India has started the process of linking the Aadhaar number with the voter ID card in order to correct the confusion and defects in the voter list across the country. The Election Commission said that even though it is not advised to give Aadhaar number because of the court order, in order to maintain transparency in the voter list, 11 documents including Aadhaar or family card, bank account number can be attached.
- Advertisement -
The work of linking Aadhaar across the country began on August 1. In particular, the Election Commission has also introduced form ‘6B’ for this purpose. This link can be done through National Voter Service Organization ‘NVSP Portal’, Voter Service Number. Or, the voter registration officer who comes from door to door can get the form ‘6B’ and fill it and submit it, the work is going on. The Election Commission of India has instructed to complete these works by March 31, 2023.
The Election Commission has informed that this connection work can be done easily with the help of cell phone not only through the above methods but also through the application called ‘Voter Helpline App’.
How to connect through this app?
- Voter Helpline App should be downloaded from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- After opening the application click on ‘I Agree’ option and give Next
- You have to select the first option which is ‘Voter Registration’.
- Open the authorization form 6B.
- Then click on ‘Let’s Start’ option.
- In it you have to enter the mobile number registered with your Aadhaar number and select the option to send OTP.
- Enter the OTP received on the mobile number and verify it.
- Select the option that contains Voter ID Card and enter its number (EPIC).
- Next, voters are required to select their state and take voter details.
- Once the details are there, select the ‘Proceed’ option.
- Then enter details like Aadhaar number, registered mobile number etc.
- After doing that, if you give ‘Done’, Form 6B will open. Once again check the given details and give ‘Confirm’ then the form will be submitted.
Importantly, to do this, voters must have registered their mobile number with their Aadhaar number.