Great to see this product updated after so long! But — have to admit the sticker shock is pretty high.
- Redesigned interface and new app icon; Kaleidoscope’s design now fits macOS Big Sur and macOS Monterey.
- Gorgeous new dark appearance
- Runs natively on all Macs, including those based on Apple silicon (Apple M1 chip).
- Reader view makes it easier to focus on the content
- Greater control over how text is laid out: better font options, choose your preferred tab width, line height, hide all invisibles, and turn off line numbers if you don’t need them.
- Ability to ignore particular folders and files during folder compare, using powerful patterns
- Persistent top toolbar with convenient Add and Paste buttons
- Git changesets now recognize moved files
- Convenient filtering of items in changeset windows
- Powerful integration with Alfred
- Redesigned Unified text comparison and File Shelf views to make it easier to review differences and keep track of files being compared
- Binary plists are now supported (including webloc files)
- Switch between absolute and relative image rendering directly from the menu
- Progress feedback when adding a second folder to the folder scope
- Proper sorting of items in the sidebar in changeset windows
- Option to turn off wrapping around when jumping through changes/conflicts
Way too many bugs have been fixed to note individually
– Chris Messina