The OpenBSD project announced the release of OpenBSD 7.0 today. This is the 51st release of the operating system.
Major new features in this release include:
- Support for a new riscv64 platform, which is used by some boards such as the SiFive HighFive and PolarFire Icicle.
- Continued support for Apple Silicon, though not to a production-ready level yet.
- Improved handling for kernel config and kernel tracing on some platforms.
- Increased vmd (OpenBSD’s virtualization hypervisor) features, including support for up to 512 allocated vcpus.
- Support for new hardware periphrials.
- Many bug fixes.