This is a simple macOS app that lets you easily keep all the shortcuts you use daily in your apps.
It can be difficult to remember all shortcuts you use on each and every app, especially if you depend on your keyboard a lot in your daily tasks.
Shortcut Keeper helps you save your favorite shortcuts or the ones you want to learn in a lightweight UI. You can keep it running in the background and only refer to it once in a while.
The idea for this came from my recent experience switching from a Windows laptop to a Mac. I needed to relearn many shortcuts that I need for my daily tasks, so the process would go like this:
– Search in the app’s preferences or google the keyboard shortcut I am looking for (e.g. how to take a screen capture)
– Use the shortcut once or twice that day and forget it afterwards.
– A week later, google again for the same task.
– Rinse and repeat.
That’s why I needed a simple app to keep track of shortcuts I want to remember, at least until I can use them intuitively, without the need to search around.
With Shortcut Keeper, you can:
– Add the shortcuts you encounter in your apps daily.
– If you need to remember a shortcut, open Shortcut Keeper and check it out.
– Keep until you have memorized them.
You can get it from the Mac App Store. No subscriptions required; buy once, use forever.
Looking forward to your feedback and suggestions!
– Minas Giannekas